TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a smart LED UN50F6300AF and it’s not recognizing or…

Customer Question
I have a smart...

I have a smart LED UN50F6300AF and it’s not recognizing or working with my Android TV box

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Model is listed it’s a 2013 or 2014 model

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Everything else works. I used android box upstairs and wanted to watch movie downstairs and it worked once for one show now it just keeps resetting the start up screen

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this?

I just started trying last few weeks. I can move to any other tv buy only issue on this one. I feel it’s a Samsung issue

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No that’s it in a nutshell

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/30/2017
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 8 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Has it worked before and just stopped working? Or it has never worked before for you?

Please let me know

I have two different android boxes. The first one the audio would cut in and out very briefly but consistently in my bedroom. I moved it downstairs to the Samsung and it worked fine there once then I would have to unplug and play back in the HDMI and power cable. It would work for the day. Then after that when I tried to turn it on it would flash the screen showing H96+ and start it’s normal boot process the as you would think it was going to launch it would start all over again. We changed out the HDMI to the Ulta 4K cable and switched the power cord and tried thru all the HDMI ports and nothing. Reset the android box and nothing. I thought the box might be bad. I brought it back upstairs to my room and hooked it up and it works just as it did before on my Visio just the audio cutting in and out. I looked on internet for answers saw there were others having trouble with Samsung and android boxes. I looked at my connection options on my Visio and noticed I had one of the 3 HDMI plugs that was gold and said 4K/2160. I used that HDMI and audio problem gone.I tried my second box on the Samsung and same thing, I would get the startup screen with the Q then when it should launch it would go black and then the startup screen again. I looked to see if there were any HDMI ports like my Vizio, but there were none. I tried A/V connection and I difnt have the right cable so it didn’t work. I tried the 4K HDMI cable in all ports with second port and same thing.I read about changing sequence of handshake by device startup. Tried that and still doing same thing.I hope you can help, it seems like it should be very simple but can’t figure it out.The android box I am trying to use is the S905 Android 5.1The other was a H96+ Pro, Android 7.1.2 s912One of the forums said to make sure I have most recent firmware on Samsung TV. I checked and installed an update but still doing the same thing.

ok, are you connecting it via HDMI?

ok, then it has nothing to do with the TV as it is just displaying a digital signal from the device.

If you use it on a different TV, do you get the same issue?

Nope it works completely fine
I googled Samsung Smart TV not connecting/working with Android Tv box and it’s a common problem. But the suggestions o found were things I already tried.

ok, I will opt out for another expert that has other ideas

Thank you