TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My 2010 HGTV is Model # 46XV645U. I just got an HDMI digital…

Customer Question
My 2010 HGTV is...

My 2010 HGTV is Model # 46XV645U. I just got an HDMI digital cable box from my cable TV provider and tried talking to their tech person for help with installation with no luck. The Motorola digital cable box is model # DCX3200/C080/013. I have consulted my Toshiba owner's manual and the page referring to HDMI settings is incomprehensible technical language. So far, all I get out of my TV with the cable attached and the HDMI cable connecting the box and the TV is snow and no sound. The cable tech person recommended I consult Toshiba. Lee

Technician's Assistant: Are all the cables at the back of your Motorola TV connected tightly to the right sockets?

As tight as I can get them

Technician's Assistant: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?

The cable tech person said the only one I needed was the HDMI connector. I had plugged in the red, yellow and white cables at first with the result being only snow and no sound.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
11/30/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 4 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
I am reviewing your question and will post again momentarily.
Please send me a hello in the mean time so i know you are there ?

Can you see which HDMI input is used ?

For example HDMI 1 (usually)

If you are referring to the three ports on the Toshiba TV, I tried all three with the same response: snow and no sound.The information printed on the cable itself is: E19582 cR1us AWM style 20276 80 degrees C 30 V VW-1 or I A 80 degrees C 30 V FTI HIGH SPEED HDMI CABLE WITH ETHERNET 731663 STEREN
I think I'll call the cable company again. They are included in my monthly fee. Maybe next time I'll get one who knows more.

Press the INPUT button repeatedly on the tv`s remote or the TV's right side to go through the various inputs until you get to your cable/satellite box or select that input from the input list once opened if you know which one it is , typically HDMI 1 .

You are simply on the wrong input if you have snow l you need to set the input to HDMI

If that answers your questions for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE (stars above and submit), it does not close this post , you can come back at any time without additional charges if you have further questions or need help and it gets this independent tech. paid for his time helping you .

Any questions on this ?
Remember that you can come back here at any time after rating (no additional charges) if you have other questions related to that

If not for now then PLEASE DO RATE , it doesn`t cost you anything more and I get paid for my time.

I pressed the input button to get HDMI 1 and got rid of the snow to receive this message:"One moment please. This channel should be available shortly. Red code S0a00
To Be Announced "That has not changed yet.......

That is your cable box giving this message

You are now on the correct input but your box is not getting anything

Try to reboot it by pulling out the power cord 30 secs or so or perhaps just turn it off/on and see what it does

Your tv is fine and do not change the input , just try what I suggested above

Still the same message on the screen after unplugging the power source for at least 30 sec and replugging it.

Double check the coaxial cable from the wall outlet to the box and if that does not do it then you either have a defective box or no signal on your cable system

This would be in the hand of your cable company if it is the case

All connections are tight and secure.As I said....

Sorry but the problem IS with the cable system , that message does NOT come from the tv but the BOX

Done here

There is a problem with your cable and no matter how much you talk to them on the phone , you will need a tech. checking it out at HOME

Any thank you for my help perhaps ??

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician