TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have and LCD TV LC-RC1-16 and cannot turn off the closed…

Customer Question
Hello ... I have...

Hello ... I have and LCD TV LC-RC1-16 and cannot turn off the closed captioning ... what do I do?

Technician's Assistant: How old is your LC-RC1-16?

I just purchased it this year, new from a Best a Buy

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes, the menu works

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your LC-RC1-16? What happened right before this?

Just today. I don't know how I turned it on

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/30/2017
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 7 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the "Sharp TV.
And to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than / to address the above.

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

LCD TV LC-RC-16 ... I have tried to turn it off through the menu settings

That would appear to be the model number of the remote control. How about the TV itself please?

Still, is the TV directly connected to an antenna or cable feed?
Or is there a cable box or even a satellite receiver?
Or some other device? ...Internet connection?

Can I find the model # through the menu? It is connected through my TiVo
I figured it out

Great! Good to hear that the issue has been resolved, congratulations.