TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Sony Bravia TV - model number appears to be KDL…

Customer Question
I have a Sony...

I have a Sony Bravia TV - model number appears to be KDL 40XBR N50 about nine years old. Using the remote to change channels The picture comes up and then will disappear after a few minutes. The sound remains on. Can this be repaired? But is it worth it????

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Bravia?

About nine years

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Do not understand Menu or sources?inputs

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Bravia? What happened right before this?

About a month

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
11/29/2017
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 7 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially and to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than / to address the above.

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.