TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Think the tube is shot, Model wd65732 mitsubishi, not sure…

Customer Question
Think the tube is...

Think the tube is shot

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Model wd65732 mitsubishi, not sure how old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No. Picture will not come on. Tries to start then shuts down. Red light is on lamp

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
11/29/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Is the lamp indicator light showing solid red, or flashing?

Solid red

Thank you for checking.

There is no "tube" in this tv, but that light indicates that the lamp has failed and needs to be replaced. The lamp in these tvs is a wear item, which requires replacement typically every 2-3 years with typical use, this is completely normal for this type of tv. The lamp is meant to be something you can replace yourself if you wish, you may order a replacement lamp here: http://amzn.to/2Akvadq

On the back you'll find a lamp compartment/cover which opens, the old cartridge slides out and the new lamp cartridge replaces it.

Best regards,

Are you still there?

Yes, I sent you an answer, above, a few minutes ago.

Please scroll up to view that, if you don't see it let me know and I can resend, or you can refresh the page and it should load.

If you cannot get a tube for me, then this call is useless
Cancel this.
Calling my credit card to cancel

I sent you that information above some time ago,

here it is again:

Thank you for checking.

Best regards,