TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have just che\anged to ATT Uverse. They installed a modem…

Customer Question
I have just che\anged...

I have just che\anged to ATT Uverse. They installed a modem with wireless router. My tv shows not connected to internet ;prompt. Hot do I get the TV connected to the wireless router?

Technician's Assistant: Is there a particular streaming service you're trying to connect to (e.g. Netflix or YouTube)?

I have dish hopper with the voice activated search. this will not function now.

Technician's Assistant: How is your internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?

No but this was just installed today and everything else seems to work.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No. Im very limited to technology. Sorry

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
11/30/2017
TV Technician: ISP Cable Support, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
ISP Cable Support
ISP Cable Support, Customer Service

Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would be happy to assist today with your question.

Give me just a moment while I review the information provided.

Before we begin, I would like to explain how the site works if this is your first visit here. The page you are viewing offers ads for things like secure desktop connection and a phone call. These are not asked by me and I will explain in our conversation if doing one of those things would help make troubleshooting easier. If you request to do either one, I would be happy to do it with you regardless.

If you are prompted during our conversation to rate me, it is as simple as choosing between 5 stars at the top right corner about my service today. Hopefully, I will earn 5 stars today. It is the only way I receive credit for helping you today.

Some things we work on may not easily be resolved with the given resources (such as needing additional media or hardware issues that require replacement). Please understand I will try my hardest to resolve the issue or answer any questions but some things are out of my control.

Finally, make sure to bookmark this page so you can easily come back to this page. If we are working on this issue and you need to step away, you can always leave me a message on this question. I will respond as soon as I can if I am not online. I check periodically throughout the day if not during my normal business hours.

I'm very sorry that it took so long to reply to your question. I was asked to take a look into your question as I handle the escalated questions typically. I wanted to work with you personally on this issue and get your TV up and working with internet. Setting up a device on the internet wirelessly will take a bit of work if you aren't sure how to get started. It's not problem to work with you directly on this. I have no problem typing out everything you would need to do to get this connected but I have to have you research a few things before we get started. Typically, when they setup your wireless router, they provide a paper with your wireless name and wireless password ***** get on the network. Can you hunt that down? If no paper was provided, you may need to contact ATT to have them provide this information. Simply ask the Wireless Name and Wireless Password to get on your wifi.

Once you have this information or if you already do, then let me know so we can start troubleshooting. I typically like to work over the phone with setting this up as this take a bit of time to do. There is a small fee to do so. It's not required and I have no problems typing it out once you have that information handy.

Two more things that I will need: TV Model Number and Dish Hopper Model Number. This will allow me to provide the best customized troubleshooting.