TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have four Panasonic TV's in business and home. I have a…

Customer Question
I have four Panasonic...

I have four Panasonic TV's in business and home. I have a problem with a 55inch plasma the blink code is 13

Technician's Assistant: What Panasonic model do you have? How old is it?

I have a 64 inch plasma blink cose is 7

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

They both cant turn on now when you turn on the green light appears like it is going to turn on however they do not I googled and it said the blink codes allow you to discover the problem and the fix

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

They are both about five years old

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
Can these be repaired at a reasonable cost and who does Panasonic Repairs in Redcliffe Qld 4020
11/29/2017
TV Technician: ISP Cable Support, Customer Service replied 4 months ago
ISP Cable Support
ISP Cable Support, Customer Service

General Message

Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would be happy to assist today with your question.

Give me just a moment while I review the information provided.

Before we begin, I would like to explain how the site works if this is your first visit here. The page you are viewing offers ads for things like secure desktop connection and a phone call. These are not asked by me and I will explain in our conversation if doing one of those things would help make troubleshooting easier. If you request to do either one, I would be happy to do it with you regardless.

If you are prompted during our conversation to rate me, it is as simple as choosing between 5 stars at the top right corner about my service today. Hopefully, I will earn 5 stars today. It is the only way I receive credit for helping you today.

Some things we work on may not easily be resolved with the given resources (such as needing additional media or hardware issues that require replacement). Please understand I will try my hardest to resolve the issue or answer any questions but some things are out of my control.

Finally, make sure to bookmark this page so you can easily come back to this page. If we are working on this issue and you need to step away, you can always leave me a message on this question. I will respond as soon as I can if I am not online. I check periodically throughout the day if not during my normal business hours.

I'm pulling up your TV model now. I'll need a bit of time to look into this code. Give me just a few minutes to look it up and type a response. It won't show I am typing even if I am.

Actually, do you have the model number of the one with the issue?

Without looking more into the model number, I can tell you what I know about the Panasonic blink code 13.

13 times flashing light error code indicates communication failure inside main processor chip mounted on A (main) board and A Board replacement is needed to resolve the problem. A board is one that has all HDMI and video inputs. I can provide you the exact board you would need to purchase with the TV model number. If you're not comfortable with doing the work yourself, it sometimes is cheaper to buy a new TV with the new warranty than it is to replace the board depending on the TV you purchase of course. I am not sure how far APM electronics is but it has great reviews.

https://www.yellowpages.com.au/find/tv-repairs-installation/redcliffe-qld

If you can provide me the model number of your TV, I can get you the part if you choose to do it yourself. If someone replaces it for you, you might be looking at (using a currency converter) 300-400 Australian.

----

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I would be happy to help provide any clarification or further details you may need. If you do not need any further help, just as a reminder before you go, please give me a quick rating at the top right. Hopefully I have earned 5 stars today! This helps me receive credit for helping you today. Have a great rest of your day!

The 55 inch is here
The info i can get off it is P50X14 VIERA HDTV HDMI
AND THE BLINK CODE IS 12 NOT 13

Sorry about that. I thought you had walked away!

Let me pull up the blink code for 12

ALSO WHO CAN REPAIR THIS IN REDCLIFFE QUEENSLAND

For TV repair, you can contact: http://www.apmelectronics.com.au/

For the part cost, it looks like it would be the power supply board: http://www.shopjimmy.com/panasonic-lsep1279wmhb-power-supply-unit.htm

This is how much the board will cost to purchase roughly. You can contact them for estimates to see what the would charge to replace the "Power Supply Board" if they find it at fault.

-----

CAN YOU CHECK THE OTHER CODE 7 FOR THE SECOND TV

Same model?

NO IT IS A 64 INCH SAME TYPE

it appears that code could be one of three board. I'd need the model number to tell you a price for each board but the tech would determine which one using a voltmeter.

It would range about the same in cost to repair generally.

ISP Cable Support
ISP Cable Support
ISP Cable Support, Customer Service