TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Has steady red light, but won't turn on. I can get a better…

Customer Question
Has steady red light...

Has steady red light, but won't turn on

Technician's Assistant: Is your TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

I can get a better idea, if I knew how to pull the Samsung Articulating mount away from the wall. The tv is connected to a wall mounted outlet

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

There seems to be two pull strings that release it, and I can tilt it up, but not out

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No. thanks

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
11/29/2017
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 6 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Can you please get me the full model number found on the back of the set?

how do i get a samsung articulating mount to pullaway from the wall?

OK its on the wall forget that, have you tried switching it ON at the set itself? if not please try that,if it does not work please unplug from wallpower wait 5 mins replug back in again,let me know if there is any change

will wait 5 mins
will plug it back in now

OK

the power led is now flashing red, but will still no turn on
it's a steady red now

Try turning on at the set itself there will be buttons like channel change or dedicated on\off switch

have tried powering on from the set

And its still the same?

If that is the case then the main-board is not booting up and will need to be replaced, how old is the set please?

Anthony

it’s still the same

Anthony

2015

I am afraid the sound amplifier mounted on the main-board is bad so its the main-board that will need to be replaced,if you think you can do this work yourself please let me know I will provide all the necessary info to do that, if you are not comfortable with that you will need a tech www.tvrepairpros.com will locate a tech in your area .

I am sorry this is not something easier,let me know if you need more help

Anthony

Would you please send me the instructions, as well as the cost of the part?

Sorry I got the sound bit wrong was thinking of another question there but yes its still the main-board bad and yes what you need to do is get the back off the set,locate the mainboard its the one with all the INPUTs like HDMI attached,remove the board and get its partnumber found on the board itself,using this partnumber go to www.shopjimmy.com first for it

Cost of board around $100

Easy to take out and replace