TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

RE: Serial #LWJANHAN4206321, Model #E502AR, Problem: The TV…

Customer Question
RE: Serial #LWJANHAN4206321 Technician's...

RE: Serial #LWJANHAN4206321

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Model #E502AR

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Problem: The TV will begin the process of turning on and the stop after messages such as; "Cable HDMI-side" (upper right corner), "Retrieving data", No signal. Screen goes black and does not appear again.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I inherited the TV from my daughter 5 years ago. Performance has been excellent. However, the rear panel was replaced about a year and a half ago. At this moment, the set is working. I don't understand why. I did not reboot or anything else. Sincerely, ***** ***** Griffin

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
11/29/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, meaning a faulty main/control board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).

This could also be the result of age related wear and tear; as a 2012 model tv, that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising for this brand. These are some of the lowest quality tvs on the market. They are built to meet a certain price point, not for quality or reliability. It is completely normal and expected to see them last just a year or two at best.

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:
1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet

2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)

3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.

This is something that would require repairs to correct; if you're thinking about a do it yourself repair, you'll need to be comfortable and skilled with electronics repairs, which could include dismantling the set (removing the back panel of the tv), diagnostics testing with a multimeter, changing out boards as needed, and possibly desoldering/removing and soldering/replacing individual components.

If you’re considering repair at a local shop, you’ll find a typical repair to be around $300 for diagnostics, parts, and labor.

For a tv of this brand/age however, replacement will make more sense. You can get a brand new LED tv with a fresh warranty from a more reputable and longer lasting brand in the $400 range.

I can help you with finding parts, finding a repair shop, or recommending replacement options, if desired.

My apologies for the news,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.