TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I moved into a room in someone's house. she has a smart tv…

Customer Question
I moved into a...

I moved into a room in someone's house. she has a smart tv in another room that works. supposedly the wifi connection is in my room and my 2 computers do work with the existing wifi. My smart tv worked in 2 other places perfectly in FL and AZ. Why not here? I have switched input; still no signal. It is giving me an option to supposedly connect...but it still does not. Any suggestions or could someone come out and do for me.?

Technician's Assistant: Are all the cables at the back of your TV connected tightly to the right sockets?

Yes.

Technician's Assistant: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?

Not sure. owner has her own modum.///there is one hot mess of wires. hard to know what is what; although she said comcast set up her regular tv in the same room; but it is limited and comcast told me she does not have a lot of band width. I am fairly illitirate with these procedures. I would be happy to purchase a device that would give me my own wifi; comcast said they cannot do that....1 to a house! could i purchase something else?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
11/29/2017
TV Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed with any troubleshooting,please once unplug your TV from the wall outlet wait for 2 minutes and plug it back in.
Let me know when this is done.

TV Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Please do let me know the brand and model of your TV please.

I am sorry; I am at work so cannot do this. Possible we could continue tonight at around 9pm. I will be home then.It is a vizio about 3 years old. If you give me the steps now; i can do it at home later; if not, I will pay another $5.00 and do this at home. thank you Suhasini.
TV Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Okay, let me tell you some instructions.

If you try connecting your TV to your WiFi that should be connected or if you receive weaker signal as comcast people told you.

You can purchase a Range extender which does the job of boosting the WiFi to the spots where it receives weaker signal.

So the dead zones in your room will get full WiFi strength.

I will request you. I did buy a device at best but. It did not change the no signal .is there a wire or cord that has to connect from wireless device to smart tv.
TV Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

You can try connecting an ethernet cable from the Router to the TV to make the wired connection.

So you don't have to connect wireless.

i did not ask you to call me ; i am calling the better business bureau and reporting your company
TV Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Oh I apologize that is a automated message that pops up on this website for everyone.

If you don't want it ignore it please.

Am also a site user like you and I have no control over it.