TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My 55" Visio Smart TV looks like it had a surge due to

Customer Question
Hi - My 55"...

Hi - My 55" Visio Smart TV looks like it had a surge due to lightning. I cable box had to be replaced already. I have tried all of the recommended ways to get the TV to come on with the new box. It appears it bid dead. If it was a lightning strick as it appears, what would be the cost to repair vs buying a new TV at $400-$500??

Technician's Assistant: Is your TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

It was and the strip still works. All outlets it was plugged into still work too.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Yes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
11/29/2017
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 7 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat with me right now?

Do you have some electronics repair experience and are you trying to do the repairs yourself?