TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

How do I go about re-pairing my standard remote with my Lg…

Customer Question
How do I go...

How do I go about re-pairing my standard remote with my Lg tv with a new mother board? I gind instructions for a magic remote but none for a standard remote.

Technician's Assistant: What LG model do you have? How old is it?

2015 60UF7300

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No menu. The little bird comes up showing us two different remotes. Asking us to push ok to select the correct remote.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your LG? What happened right before this?

We had it repaired. It needed a nrw mother board. That fixed the screen issue. Now, the remote won't work.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I've tried turning it on and off. All the standard fixes.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
My phone number is(###) ###-####
11/29/2017
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 6 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

The remote should work ok with any replacement motherboard.

What were the original symptoms? Was the TV damaged by a power surge?

If so, the IR receiver may also have been damaged.

It worked at the store on another remote vefore we brought it home.
Then when it didn't work at home, I tried to go back and reset the original settings on the tv. The remote is sending off a signal. I checked with my phone camera.
The screen was snowy. They had satellite working in the shop in it. Isn't there a combination of buttons I can press to pair it to the tv? I know there are on a magic remote. Should I just order a magic replacement remote?

First, can you get the TV working using the control panel on the TV?
If the TV won't work using the control panel, then it won't work using a remote control either.

The tv is stuck on the opening frame of selecting a remote. I cant get past that screen. I push ok when the standard remote is shown. However, the tv dows not respond. I can't dp anything. Whete is the control panel? Thete is one toggle switch under the front that turns the tv on and off.

The toggle switch can be used to move and select items on the screen as well and can be used for initial setup of the TV.

If you push it to one side does it allow you to make any selections?

You never really gave me any thing to try to fix the problem. You told me the remote should work, but it doesnt. That's why I contacted you.

Does the toggle switch not work either?

It only turns the tv on and off and works the volume. It remains on the opening screen with the bird asking me to push ok on the correct type of remote.

If your Magic remote is not working, first check that there are fresh batteries inserted the correct way around in it.

If that doesn't work then you will need to try a replacement remote.