TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

VERTICAL BLUE LINES ON MY HITACHI TV. HITACHI CL-978. N.

Customer Question
VERTICAL BLUE LINES ON...

VERTICAL BLUE LINES ON MY HITACHI TV

Technician's Assistant: What Hitachi model do you have? How old is it?

HITACHI CL-978

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

N

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your CL-978? What happened right before this?

YES MENU WORKS. THIS IS BEEN GOING ON FOR A WHILE

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

THATS JUST IT

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
11/29/2017
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 4 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

That is not the model number actually,you can find this on the back of the set thanks

Anthony

model number is *****

OK thanks are these blue lines thin?

If you press the menu button of the sets OWN remote are the lines OVER the menu?

Anthony

No the line is not over the menu

Could you take a photo of this please with the menu up and not up using the add files button

I can a photo on my mobile

OK send them here using the add files button your end

Yes its missing the menu

Couple of things here it could be a failed buffer board or a problem with the main-board OR it could be lead issues, what we would do is re-seat all the ribbon leads connecting all the boards together in the set, then decide (if that did not work) if a board is bad, checks with a volt-ohm meter is needed too here

These issues are not easy with plasma its a case of closing everything down as the cause,issue could also be the plasma panel itself

do you want me to switch off the telly<

If you have experience with test meters and are able to follow instruction it may lead to replacing a board or two ,so you do need to also understand the age of the set and costs for boards here which could run over $150

No I dont want you to do that I am explaining the issue you have

I am not sure if injecting $150 into a plasma set of this age is a good idea?

And that is if you do the work yourself and are able to gamble its not the panel itself which is not replaceable

Let me know what you think

No it is not. It does not look like it can be fixed.

It can but there are tangents that may not help

Let me know if I can do anything else

A positive rating at this point is welcome 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you,the site will then release a payment to me thanks again,note question remains open for 30 days
Anthony

ok Thanks for trying bye

Your Welcome

Just as a belt and braces check make sure this is happening with other inputs too like a DVD player or similar

it is on the plasma screen so it is happening to iplayer and dvd

OK its as I said then

Anthony

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician