TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I can,t get the menu to come up on the screen. I only get a…

Customer Question
I can,t get the...

I can,t get the menu to come up on the screen. I only get a message "chanel not available"

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Just to clarify a bit . I'm talking about the tv screen not my computer. When I turn the TV on the message "channel no available" comes up and I cannot clear it or get the menu

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

It,s a Phillips but I have no idea how old it is. It was working ok but I must have pressed the wrong button???? We are in a rented condo in Maui.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

We have 2 TV's here and the other one works ok. I think I must have pushed as wrong button?? on this one.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Philips? What happened right before this?

At one point I did have the menu up and the channel listings. There are 2 remotes on here and the other one brings up Netflix and VUDU. I think I pressed that power button as well.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

N Don't think there is any other relevant info.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
11/29/2017
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

What is the model number please?

I haven't heard back from you yet - please reply and let me know if you still need assistance with this.