TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

In the upper left hand corner and then it switches to the…

Customer Question
Hi..in the upper left...

Hi..in the upper left hand corner and then it switches to the upper right hand corner, are squares .the top one says Samsung Tv, then one which says Flull HD, then below it is wide color enhancer, then connect share mode. And at the bottom it says Series Five. How do I get ride of all these things? Thank you so much for your help.

Technician's Assistant: What Samsung model do you have? How old is it?

Where do I find the model number?

Technician's Assistant: The TV Technician will be able to walk you through that. Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes, the menu works. The symbols go from side to side. I have never seen this before. But I just started using DirectTvNow from my Ipad. Woukdbthst have had anything to do with it? Thank you so much for helping.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Samsung? What happened right before this?

It just started within an hour. I was trying to use a Bose headphone and I kept fooling with all the i plugs I took off the cable box. I am cutting the cord tomorrow. Could I have hit something in menu?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No I think that is all..but again, thank you for helping me

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
11/29/2017
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Can you see an INFO or DISPLAY button on the remote control?
If so, try pressing it to hide the information that is being displayed.

Just got up. Thank you for your reply.I pushed info, and a box appeared saying No Time Information. The box stayed afew seconds then the same Series 5
Came up. I still need to get ride of it.Hope you are still true. I will be here for another 90 minutes or so.Thank you for your time.
I am waiting for a response. I will leave home in about a half hour or so. I know you are busy but would really appreciate an answer if you could fit me in. Thank you so much for your time and consideration.

What all inputs are connected to the TV? (e.g. cable box, DVD player)

Are all input affected by the symbols?

Could you attach a photo of the TV screen so I may see?

Hi Pete:I just got up and saw your note, I apologize for not getting back to you sooner.I found the answer at a local store while talking to a salesman. I hit menu on the remote, went to the bottom and it was on demo use. I switched to home use and that solved the problem.Thank you for taking the time to help me. I appreciate your consideration.
Thanks again for your help. Mark