TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I am getting rid of cable. I have 4 TVs in 4 rooms I need to…

Customer Question
I am getting rid...

I am getting rid of cable. I have 4 TVs in 4 rooms I need to know how many modems I need and antennas

Technician's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

My cable is disconnected dec 10th so I am a senior citizen and need infor. I have 4 kindle firestick and that's all I have. I am going to purchase the sling package on the first of December

Technician's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No I have to hire someone

Technician's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No. can your help me

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
11/28/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

You only need 1 modem, the modem is part of your internet connection. So you do need an internet connection to the cable/phone company typically, that is provided through the modem, and then you may have a separate wifi router if the wifi is not built into the modem already. The wifi can then provide a wireless connection to each of your firesticks.

Each tv would need its own antenna if you are wanting to pick up local stations. Here is an antenna I'd recommend: http://amzn.to/2jxcOxs

Sling can be used on the firestick on each of your tvs (1 stick per tv).

Both the stick and antenna are easily plugged into the back of each tv, there really isn't much of anything else needed for installation and can all be done yourself if you wish.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,