TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The remote controller no longer works on my sound bar

Customer Question
The remote controller no...

The remote controller no longer works on my sound bar model#S3820, How can I get a new one? Or,

Technician's Assistant: What is the model of your TV?

The sound bar remote controller no longer works, I have replaced the battery but still no luck. How can I get a new one, or is there some way to repair it that you know about.

Technician's Assistant: The TV Technician will be able to walk you through that. What menu options can you access, if any?

None from the remote. The controls on the back of the sound bar work OK.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Where can I get a new remote controller?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
11/28/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 4 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Lets try a quick test of the factory remote. Take the soundbar remote into a dim/dark room, and look at the infrared emitter at the front edge of the remote, as viewed through the DISPLAY (not the viewfinder) of a digital camera. A cell phone cam, web cam, security camera, etc will also work. Each time you press a button on the remote, you should see the emitter at the front light up, flash, or glow slightly. Let me know what you find.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

Louie, Technician