TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My smart tv ??? goes on and off by itself every 5 seconds.

Customer Question
My smart tv ??...

My smart tv ??? goes on and off by itself every 5 seconds. remote control does nothing!

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

5205-525D - UN32J525DAXZA.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No. Yes.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this?

This has been an issue for a few weeks. I have been attempting to use a HDVM1 cable from the computer and using a Firestick.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

We are in a motor-home in a resort in Corona, CA. where it has been suggested to us that the Wi-Fi is not very strong or dependable.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
11/28/2017
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 4 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Louie, Technician