TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

This is my return on the same issue. I have an LG 60PZ550.

Customer Question
Good morning. This is my...
Good morning. This is my return on the same issue. I have an LG 60PZ550. It has worked perfectly until 2 weeks ago. The video showed vertical lines and then went almost black except for a blinking blue in the upper left. I have been unable to see any picture. The audio works. Your last expert recommended I replace the main control board - which I did. It didn't fix the problem. I tried going back to him and no reply, so I got refunded my money. Hopefully you have another "fix" for me. I can send a picture of my screen - before it goes dark again.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
11/28/2017
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 4 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

I see that we have worked before on this issue so I will opt out.

TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 4 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Let me know if you want more help with this....

Anthony

Hi, I am still waiting for help with this.

Could you take a photo of the inside of the set and upload it here using the "add files button" thanks

That is NOT the main-board, its the logic control board and its the one anyhow I would have asked you to replace so by accident rather than design you have replaced the common board for issues like this

If you press the menu button of the sets OWN remote control are the lines OVER THE MENU?take a photo so I can see for myself thanks

I replaced that board because that is the one your expert Pete suggested I replace - not just a lucky accident on my part.
It doesn't seem to matter which buttons I press on the remote. The screen is unintelligible - either vertical lines and then it goes black except for the blue dot in the upper left. I will try to get a picture of that now.

Main-board is one with all inputs attached, I am not allowed to comment on other experts inputs

So it doesn't seem to be affected by this, have you re-made all the ribbon leads to all the boards?we do get trouble with ribbon leads, it just means taking each one out and re-inserting,let me know the results of that first

Okay - we'll try that. Be back to you in 30 minutes.

ok

Just re-seated all of the ribbons. Here is the latest picture - after hitting the Q-Menu,

Nothing here

I originally replied to this question because I was swayed by this being the logic board you have replaced that I suggest now you replace the main-board that is the board with the AV inputs attached, I cant see this being a scan board issue so it just leaves the main-board, there are NO checks that can be made with these boards as they are pure data boards, we would do the same in the workshop that is replace to eliminate, many suppliers take the boards back for a re-stocking charge so long as its the one they sent (they secretly mark them)

Before you do that just tap around with the handle of a fairly heavy screwdriver to make sure there is nothing intermittent, you will need to observe the set with a mirror

Dont bang the boards hard just tap them

Okay. Maybe I can do this tomorrow. I'll let you know.

OK keep me in the loop on this thanks

Hi Anthony. Tough to let it go so did as you suggested. Tapped the main board - no change. Then tapped all of the boards with no change. The logic board has a blinking green light. The board (EBR73561701) above the main board has a distinct hum - certainly louder than any of the others. Is that an indication that it might be that board?

No that is an indication its working likewise with the logic board,just fit a main-board (one with inputs on) order by part-number found on the board itself please

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician