TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a 55" SAmsung 4K UN55KU6500 FX7A that flickers, then…

Customer Question
I have a 55"...

I have a 55" SAmsung 4K UN55KU6500 FX7A that flickers, then displays "Smart TV" logo on black field, flickers more, and is unresponsive to remote control. If I shut down (disconnect power) and wait, it seems to 'reboot'. However, the frequency seems to be increasing. Any ideas?

Technician's Assistant: Is your Samsung TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

It was, but following a tip online, I connected it directly to a different outlet directly. Seems to be behaving better, but now I am worried about power spikes.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Yes, but frequency of the issue seems to be growing.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
11/28/2017
TV Technician: ISP Cable Support, Customer Service replied 4 months ago
ISP Cable Support
ISP Cable Support, Customer Service

Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would be happy to assist today with your question.

Give me just a moment while I review the information provided.

Before we begin, I would like to explain how the site works if this is your first visit here. The page you are viewing offers ads for things like secure desktop connection and a phone call. These are not asked by me and I will explain in our conversation if doing one of those things would help make troubleshooting easier. If you request to do either one, I would be happy to do it with you regardless.

If you are prompted during our conversation to rate me, it is as simple as choosing between 5 stars at the top right corner about my service today. Hopefully, I will earn 5 stars today. It is the only way I receive credit for helping you today.

Some things we work on may not easily be resolved with the given resources (such as needing additional media or hardware issues that require replacement). Please understand I will try my hardest to resolve the issue or answer any questions but some things are out of my control.

Finally, make sure to bookmark this page so you can easily come back to this page. If we are working on this issue and you need to step away, you can always leave me a message on this question. I will respond as soon as I can if I am not online. I check periodically throughout the day if not during my normal business hours.

I would like to verify if the information I have gathered is correct. Your TV is flickering. You've bypassed the surge suppression and it does it less but still is an issue.

but I just received a $23 charge that I did not intentionally authorize. That seems a bit deceptive. The only input I had was to authorize a refundable $5. What's up with my 'free trial'?
I don't wish to call.

I'm sorry for the misunderstand. I honestly answer the questions as an independent contractor. Usually, when you sign up, the $5 is a deposit to the actual question which is mentions as you are signing up.

I try to warn people the site will ask about calling in my first response. I'm sorry it does that. That isn't me asking.

Did you still want to troubleshoot this issue? I understand your side on it.

I figured as much. I won't authorize the charge due to the deceptive manner. Sorry for your lost time. I will contact my credit card to disallow any charges. Good luck.

I will send this to our customer service to refund your deposit too.

Thanks.

No problem. One moment.

Louie, Technician