TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

If I have a Smart TV with an HDMI outlet, do I still need…

Customer Question
If I have a...

If I have a Smart TV with an HDMI outlet, do I still need and HD Antennae?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

It's a Samsung who's model number I dont know at the moment and it's about 4 years old. It also came equipped with 3D, does this help

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Menu works. what does your second question mean on sources/inputs?

Technician's Assistant: The TV Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been an issue with your Samsung? What happened right before this?

I dont have an issue. I want to buy a Fire TV to eliminate cable, and there's a FireTV or a Fire TV with HD Antennae(4K Ultra HD), and I dont know which one I need

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
11/28/2017
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 7 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

It depends on what you wish to view on the TV. If you wish to view cable TV you will need a cable box (Comcast box, directTv , Roku box ect). If you just wish to view Netflix or another streaming service eg: Hulu, then these apps are usually pre-installed.

A Fire TV also does this, and with the Fire TV and HD Antenna you can pick up any free to air signals within a 35 mile radius. It is though limited to this.

Does this answer your question? Feel free to ask for any clarification please

Thank you

Thanks Richard. Partially understood. But clarify. I want to get all the basic standard channels of ABC, CBS, NBC as well as CNN, msnbc and note that could be reached with the Fire Tv Stick.
I don't specifically want to pay for a cable service like Verizon or Time Warner. Does the Fire Tv Stick do it or does s cable system like Verizon is necessary or a 4k HD Antennae. I realize I'll need to pay for Netflix and/ or Hulu, enough?
I don't wnt to a spend money now to ask a question that may not be understandable by my printing it. $38/$28. Or even$5 . Do you I understand me?

Thanks

CBS, ABC and all the major networks you can get with the firestick, you do not need a cable provider for that, you just install the app on the firestick

Here is for example ABC

https://www.amazon.com/ABC-Watch-Full-Episodes-Live/dp/B00BYJ6BUO

Just remember it suffers more outages than normal cable TV but it is getting better.

Yes, for Netflix, Hulu ect you do need to pay

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Hi there

I noticed you did not reply again or provide me a rating once you receive all the information you needed from me.

Was there a reason you choose not to do this?

Please let me know

I want to be refunded for the second charge. I said in my text, I didn't want to pay any more to continue to ask questions. Please credit the last charge.

Not sure what you mean by a second charge, there is one total charge for getting your answers, which I provided to you in addition to the scope of your initial question, with clarifications.

But you can go here to avoid paying me for the service you received...

ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0