TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

How do I get Amazon prime on my Samsung Smart Tv, Wait Just…

Customer Question
How do I get...

How do I get Amazon prime on my Samsung Smart Tv

Technician's Assistant: What Samsung model do you have? How old is it?

Wait Just a minute

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I will call back when I find the information you requested

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Samsung? What happened right before this?

Model #UN65ES6550F. I just got Amazon Prime and I am trying to stream videos straight to the Smart TV

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No. I'm not very good with electronics.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
11/28/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

That short answer is that you cannot get amazon on this tv.

The reason is that this is an older (2012) model and amazon is simply not supported on this tv. The marketing agreement between amazon and samsung has expired and they do not support amazon instant video on any samsung tvs made prior to 2014.

So unfortunately while you can't get amazon directly on this tv through the built in apps, you can still do so by connecting an external streaming device such as a roku or fire tv and get all the same functions and many more, with better performance and better long term support.

My apologies for the news,

I do not need going advice or Justanswer support then. What will be charged for this brief engagement.
No I can get a Fire TV from Amazon and Figure It out. I think I owe you $5.
Have you made any charges on my card.

You paid the agreed upon fees noted on the chat page.

You are not obligated to an ongoing membership.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.
Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan, are you still there? If you don't answer back I will dispute any charges.

Yes I'm here, and I answered you above, a few minutes ago.

You may need to scroll up or refresh the page to see it.

I'm sorry I didn't see your reply. So I will be charged $5 as I understood it.

No, the fee is not and never was only 5, that was just to post your question. The total you agreed to was noted on the payment page. IF you opt to continue on with a monthly subscription, then this help would be covered by that. You are not required to subscribe and would otherwise just be a one time service. If you don't want a membership I'd be happy to send a note to customer service on your behalf to check on that.

Do you need more help with this?

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.