TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Flying spots, had a tech replace hdmi board through directv…

Customer Question
Flying spots , had...

Flying spots , had a tech replace hdmi board through directv insurance. had problems with first two boards now it has started again

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages when you try to connect to DirecTV?

None connects fine no flying spots on antenna.

Technician's Assistant: How is your internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Not a smart tv however the blueray player and switch are fine mith internet

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
11/28/2017
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 4 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

What is the make and model number of the device you are having difficulty with?

Please clarify what you mean by "flying spots"?

I haven't heard back from you yet - please reply and let me know if you still need assistance with this.

Older vizio model number E470VL. Flying spots are flashing white spots that flash very fast.This model has florescent back light, is not a led model.

Are the spots always in the same place, or do they move around?

Do the spots also affect the on-screen menu?

Are all inputs affected?

Pete, Electronic Engineer