TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a sharp 70 inch TV that’s a couple years old. I had…

Customer Question
I have a sharp...

I have a sharp 70 inch TV that’s a couple years old. I had to take it off the wall yesterday and put it on the carpeted floor. But now after mount to get back on the wall the upper part of the screen is darker than the bottom.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your 70?

Yes there’s two HDMI cables plugged in. Both HDMI one and HDMI 2 have the same problem. Again there’s like a line in the middle of the screen upper half And especially the operation half of the screen is darker.

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

There was a powder outage a couple weeks ago. But the TV work fine up until yesterday when I took it off the wall and put it back^

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
11/28/2017
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Something has likely come loose inside the TV with the movement, causing half of the backlight to fail.

Do you plan on opening up the TV and carrying out the checks and repairs yourself, or are you looking for a repairer in your area?