TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

John,panasonic plasma tv th-42px600a hdmi in pc does not…

John,panasonic plasma tv th-42px600a...

John,panasonic plasma tv th-42px600a hdmi in pc does not work

Technician's Assistant: How old is your TH-42PX600A?

2007

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Im not sure I haven't used other settings

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your TH-42PX600A? What happened right before this?

Nothing, Ive never used this setting before

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

11/28/2017
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Do you mean you are connecting your PC to your TV via HDMI but you are getting no signal?

Please let me know

Correct.

Thanks

When you connect the computer to the TV, are you setting the input channel on the TV to the port you are connecting on? eg: HDMI 2?

If so, what do you see on the screen?

The chord is definitely working the computer signals with a noise when I plug and unplug it. But the TV is blank and the audio sound still comes out of my laptop
I see HDMI1 on the screen, I also tried it in HDMI2 but its still the same

If so, what do you see on the screen?

Please reply to my questions

The tv shows HDMI on the screen but the screen is blank

Thanks

What is the make and model of the PC and which version of windows is it running?

Acer aspire IV v5-573g. Windows 2007

Thanks

With it connected to the TV, and the TV on the correct input channel hold FN and press F5

Repeat this three times, if you get no picture, repeat using FN and F6

Let me know how you go please

Itried both. After the F5 and F6 my computer screen went black and I had to wait for it to come back but
nothing came up on theTV

With it connected, right click on your desktop and select Display Settings

How many screens do you see there?

you mean right click on my mouse?

yes please

There is no "Display Settings" on there

You need to right click on a blank part of your desktop and you will then see it there.

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

You mean like my desktop? Its not there either ?

yes, on your desktop you right click, if you have windows it will be there

No, Its not there
Richard, there maybe something wrong with the TV I tried to connect the audio from TV to my stereo but nothing worked either

This is not done on your TV..... can I connect to your computer so I can do this myself please

Its not a large amount I know, dont get me wrong, but I really don't think its worth the $41.00 as this TV is too old and as I said I cant get a simple direct audio from TV to stereo on other cables

You need then to do the instructions on the desktop of your computer, this will work, just please carefully follow the instructions I have been which is to right click on a blank spot on your desktop and choose Display Settings.

I have believe me, there is no Display Settings on right click

What do you see on right click

View, sort by, refresh, Undo Name, Graphics properties, Graphics Options, Nvidea Control Panel, Next desktop Background, New, Screen Resolution, Personalise

ok, this means you do not have windows 10, you have windows Vista or 7, hence why it has not worked.

Choose Screen resolution please, tell me how many screens are shown.

2...(I did say I had Windows 7 ?)

No, looking back it was 2007 which does not exist, hence the confusion.

If you see 2, then the TV is being detected, click it and reduce the screen resolution to 600x800

What do you see on the TV?

It is not letting me alter the resolution. It is faint and inactive

Disconnect the TV, does it disappear from the screen there, do you see this?

it disappeared

ok, so it is detected, connect it back and tell me to which port on the TV the computer is connected to

HDMI1

connect it to HDMI 2 and select the input as HDMI 2

Tell me exactly what you see please

HDMI2 is now on a blank screen

ok, now on the computer under the screen resolution choose to duplicate the display please

OK Done ( Again resolution is not active)

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 5 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

OK

thanks

Same...HDMI2 and Blank screen

Do you have another TV to test the computer on to rule out the computer as the issue?

Ive done that it worked straight away

I want you to reset the TV please

To do this, go to the menu, setup, reset to shipping conditions

Setup the TV again and tell me if it then works please

OK I will, BUT dinner is ready now. I need to go. Richard thanks for your help, I will let you know when I do it thanks . Bye

Of course, though this is the last step, if this does not work the TV is not capable of displaying the signal from this TV, and you would need to consider using an adapter such as a Google chromecast www.google.com/chromecast instead.

But I will mark this question to remain open so If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service for now by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Richard, Technician
Hi, Setting to Shipping Condition did not work, Its time to update, Thanks anyway