TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My infocus in74 projector started producing purple and green…

Customer Question
My infocus in74 projector...

My infocus in74 projector started producing purple and green horizontal lines that are slow rolling up the screen. I had it for about 6-7 years now and it's never gave me any trouble. can you tell me whats going on????

Technician's Assistant: What device has a bad screen?

My infocus projector that i watch TV

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

Yes i just checked

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

Yes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
11/28/2017
TV Technician: Electrotech2017, Technician replied 7 months ago
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** I'm happy to assist you with your projector issue.
First thing I would remove all cables from the projector except the power cord and turn on the projector to see if the lines are still there. If not the interference lines might be caused by bad cables or a defective source. But if you see the lines on the screen even with no cables connected, I would suspect a defective Video main board in the projector. Please let me know.
Would you be able to send me a picture of the issue as well ?