TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have an 11 year old LG 50" plasma tv. One of my buffer…

Customer Question
I have an 11 year...
I have an 11 year old LG 50" plasma tv. One of my buffer boards went out several months ago and I replaced three FETs on it. The TV worked for about a week and then when it was on my wife said their was a loud pop sound and it turned off. Now the red LED standby light is light up, but when you try to turn it on you hear the normal relay click and the red light turns to green and flashes 4 times and then back to red and standby mode. I tried disconnecting my sustain boards and tryed turning it on and it does the same thing. I removed my power board and their are 11 capacitors that appear swollen, 10 3300uF and 1 1000uF.If it is just a bad power board could changing the 11 Caps be all that is needed? Or could it be a sustain board issue still?Thanks
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 7 days by:
12/5/2017
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 4 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Louie, Technician