TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My internet is up to 150 mbps, yet my vizio series E tv

Customer Question
My internet is up...

My internet is up to 150 mbps, yet my vizio series E tv shows about 5 mbps and constantly buffers

Technician's Assistant: What Vizio model do you have? How old is it?

E series and less than 2 months

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

That is the only input I use

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Vizio? What happened right before this?

It's always been an issue

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
11/28/2017
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 7 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially and to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than / to address the above.

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

Using another device positioned in the same area / near the Vizio TV (laptop/computer and/or tablet/smartphone), perform a speed test (if have not been done). Please click HERE.

typically with other wireless devices (laptop, cell phone, ipad) I get at minimum about 50 mbps download speeds, sometimes as high as 90, my vizio series E tv never gets over 16 and very often shows below 5....
using the link you provided for a speed test on wireless laptop in same vicinity as tv I got 51.32 mbps and tv gets anywhere from 5 to 15 and the built in chromcast app buffers continuously

Thank you for your patience; fieldwork with sluggish Internet if at all.

Which particular Vizio model please?

And how is it connected; WiFi or LAN cable?

Depending on the model, have you tried another connection method? ...manually configuring the IP Addresses?

This is a VIZIO series E model M50-E1 connected wireless

Appreciate the additional information.

And as posted above; ...have you tried another connection method? Even if just for test purposes consider using an Ethernet/LAN cable instead of "... M50-E1 connected wireless..."

And compare performance.