TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My samsung model UA32EH4000 TV just stopped working last…

Customer Question
My samsung model UA32EH4000...

My samsung model UA32EH4000 TV just stopped working last night. It had been on for about 5 mins when it went dead. No stand by light or anything. I dont see a fuse or anything external> Any ideas?

Technician's Assistant: Is your UA32EH4000 connected to a surge protector or power strip?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

No but ill try that now

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Ive just plugged it in and tried again but is still dead

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
11/27/2017
TV Technician: ISP Cable Support, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
ISP Cable Support
ISP Cable Support, Customer Service

Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would be happy to assist today with your question.

Give me just a moment while I review the information provided.

Before we begin, I would like to explain how the site works if this is your first visit here. The page you are viewing offers ads for things like secure desktop connection and a phone call. These are not asked by me and I will explain in our conversation if doing one of those things would help make troubleshooting easier. If you request to do either one, I would be happy to do it with you regardless.

If you are prompted during our conversation to rate me, it is as simple as choosing between 5 stars at the top right corner about my service today. Hopefully, I will earn 5 stars today. It is the only way I receive credit for helping you today.

Some things we work on may not easily be resolved with the given resources (such as needing additional media or hardware issues that require replacement). Please understand I will try my hardest to resolve the issue or answer any questions but some things are out of my control.

Finally, make sure to bookmark this page so you can easily come back to this page. If we are working on this issue and you need to step away, you can always leave me a message on this question. I will respond as soon as I can if I am not online. I check periodically throughout the day if not during my normal business hours.

I would like to double check some simple things first. It does sound like an internal board is out. Before I have that information, I would really like to have you double check it's not the power outlet first.

If the TV is plugged directly into the wall outlet, check to see if that outlet has been tripped by plugging in a known working device like a hairdryer or phone charger. If it works, then we know it is the TV, if not, then you have an electrical issue. Possibly just a flipped circuit breaker.

Once you view this answer, please double check the model number for me. I may not be able to find the "Power Supply Board" that we need for that TV online. But verify and I'll try again. They typically cost $100-$200 and a repair person may charge another $100-$200. I see you are in Australia so it's usually double the part cost retail.

----

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I would be happy to help provide any clarification or further details you may need. If you do not need any further help, just as a reminder before you go, please give me a quick rating at the top right. Hopefully I have earned 5 stars today! This helps me receive credit for helping you today. Have a great rest of your day!