TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My tv has action on the top and is frozen on the bottom is…

Customer Question
My tv has action...

My tv has action on the top and is frozen on the bottom is there a reset for this

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

It's a Vizio where would the number be

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes but I bought before 2013 and I don't have the avenue

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this?

There was a color gradually going up the screen

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/27/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 4 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

I'm sorry you're having trouble with it, I need more info to troubleshoot the problem.
1- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?
2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

E321BL There is a cable box connected to the tv and it's about 7 years old

OK - Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

we did and the screen still stayed the same

OK, ca you try another video source such as DVD player as a test to see if problem persist?

I don't have a dvd or any type of video player

OK, please turn Off cabl box power only then grab TV remote and press menu button on it to get TV own menu screen.

Does menu screen show up normal and do you still have frozen screen on th bottom?

If I turn off the cable box the tv won't work

I understand, TV wont show cable chanel picture but its power will stay ON so use TV own remote to get menu screen/ graphics, it is a troubleshooting step that will help to diagnose the problem

Do I need to go to the help

Sorry?

Can you elaborate it

When I go to menu graphics doesn't show but there is a help section

OK, does screen show menu graphcis properly OR do you see frozen image issue now?

Is this going to reset the tv to get rid of the frozen part the frozen part is intermittent

OK, are you using Vizio remote for this test?

If so, push the menu button on it to get Vizio menu screen

That's what I did and it shows input picture settings media and help

OK, please go to Help menu option and select Clear Memory (factory default) option to restore TV to default settings/ reset the TV and reply back with the result

It's still frozen, well I guess you can't fix it

Sorry to hear that, I'll opt out to allow other epxerts to assist you further

If you have a Vizio that has an intermittent half screen freeze and a continual show at the same time can the tv be reset
Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician