TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

John: We have a Sony Bravia ;TV KDL 32BX330 which will not…

Customer Question
John: We have a...

John: We have a Sony Bravia ;TV KDL 32BX330 which will not tune in any vhf .channels. We are using an indoor antenna MOHU leaf 50, The station is 25 miles (per FCC) trans on 229 meg. vhf is good from the same tower. Auto Program shows 22 digital ch,wHY CANT WE TUNE IN SOMETHING IN THE VHF spectrum.

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Bravia?

About 7 years.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes and have only 1 input

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Bravia? What happened right before this?

WE recently moved to Florida and have always used cable prior.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Thank you Pearl !

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
11/27/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

The station itself is the issue here,

there are very few vhf broadcasts in the first place anymore, but those that are have, in general, had to dramatically cut their transmitting power to avoid interfering with the other signals in the area. Because of that, despite the rated range of your antenna, it isn't going to pick this up. That 25mi range is for digital uhf transmissions.

To bring in the channel you want you'd need to upgrade to a larger, preferably outdoor or roof mounted antenna, and may need some amplification as well. If possible, a yagi type antenna would be ideal if all your broadcasts are coming from the same general direction as you can aim it to pick up those directional signals.

I can recommend some other antennas for you, if you'd like. Would you be able to use an outdoor antenna at your location?

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.