TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My lg tv is speaking Chinese. During first time setup I hit…

Customer Question
My lg tv is...

My lg tv is speaking Chinese. During first time setup I hit wrong language

Technician's Assistant: What LG model do you have? How old is it?

Brand new. Model 43lj550m

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Tv menu in Chinese. Just cable input

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your 43LJ550M? What happened right before this?

I just took it out of the box. During initial setup I hit wrong language

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
11/27/2017
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 4 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

You will need to reset the TV and select the English language:

1. Press the Home button on your remote, and select the cog icon in the top-right corner of your screen to open then Settings menu.
2. Next, head to General > Reset to Initial Settings.

You should be able to follow the symbols in the manual to locate the appropriate menu options.

--------------------
Happy Holidays!
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

Pete, Electronic Engineer