TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

How do I contorl the volume using the audio outlet on my tv.

Customer Question
How do I contorl...

How do I contorl the volume using the audio outlet on my tv

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Hi - I've got my tv techie Rich here, he's really nice, is looking for the info - model # UN32F5000

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

TV menu does work, he's in it now. It won't let him control the volume.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No, but thanks.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
11/27/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

You can't use the TV volume controls to adjust the audio output on the TV (no current TV's allow you to do this). The outlet is digital and therefore set at a fixed level. The audio must be adjusted on the device you're connecting to the audio outlet (home theater, soundbar etc.). What do you have connected to this jack on the TV please (make and model of device)?

Let me know if you need further help!

It's hooked to a Sonos soundbar, has no outputs I can use. Do I get my $5 refunded?
No. Please refund.

I don't handle anything with refunds- you can use the site help pages for that. I'm an independent tech not a site employee/billing agent.

Just tell me this wasn't a scam?