TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Have an older model 32C120U TV that is on retail lock. how…

Customer Question
Have an older model...

Have an older model 32C120U TV that is on retail lock. how is that removed?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Toshiba 32C120U. Manufacture date 2012

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No any command button results in "reatil Lock".

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your 32C120U? What happened right before this?

Got this Set when I acquired anpther Business. TV has been unused for several years. Connected to cable before.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Just trying to set it up for my grandson to play some old atari games.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/27/2017
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 7 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Using the remote control, press the following button sequence in a timely fashion: 1 , 2, 3, 4 (This will release the “Retail Lock” mode)
Enter the User Menu and locate Reset Factory Defaults for the subject model.
Complete the Factory Defaults reset.
Power on the TV. NOTE: You will be prompted to perform the Fisrt Time setup.
After setting the correct Time Zone Set the Location option to Home.
Continue with the First Time setup.

Tell me if this then exits it please

Done that a dozen times, does not work.

How far can you get with the instructions?