TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My daughters television reads no signal with a new antenna.

Customer Question
My daughters television reads...

My daughters television reads no signal with a new antenna

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Samsung plasma # PN60B450B1D

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Samsung? What happened right before this?

She got rid of cable she lives in Georgia now, she's from Wisconsin

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
11/27/2017
TV Technician: ISP Cable Support, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
ISP Cable Support
ISP Cable Support, Customer Service

Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would be happy to assist today with your question.

Give me just a moment while I review the information provided.

Before we begin, I would like to explain how the site works if this is your first visit here. The page you are viewing offers ads for things like secure desktop connection and a phone call. These are not asked by me and I will explain in our conversation if doing one of those things would help make troubleshooting easier. If you request to do either one, I would be happy to do it with you regardless.

If you are prompted during our conversation to rate me, it is as simple as choosing between 5 stars at the top right corner about my service today. Hopefully, I will earn 5 stars today. It is the only way I receive credit for helping you today.

Some things we work on may not easily be resolved with the given resources (such as needing additional media or hardware issues that require replacement). Please understand I will try my hardest to resolve the issue or answer any questions but some things are out of my control.

Finally, make sure to bookmark this page so you can easily come back to this page. If we are working on this issue and you need to step away, you can always leave me a message on this question. I will respond as soon as I can if I am not online. I check periodically throughout the day if not during my normal business hours.

Thank you for the TV model number. Give me just a few minutes to load the information I have for that TV model and type up some instructions to follow. Let me know you are able to read this by typing in the box below and sending me a message.

The idea is to scan for your channels to pick up the antenna ones. If you prefer, we can discuss this over the phone as well.

Your TV menu might be slightly different.

1. Press Menu

2. Go to Channel

3. Click Antenna and choose Air

4. Then click Auto Program.

Let me know how that work out for you!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I would be happy to help provide any clarification or further details you may need. If you do not need any further help, just as a reminder before you go, please give me a quick rating at the top right. Hopefully I have earned 5 stars today! This helps me receive credit for helping you today. Have a great rest of your day!

Memories will no hold channels

Are you getting all the channels otherwise?

No, nothing but snow

And you ran the channel scan and you still get snow?

won't memorize channels

I know you've said she got a new antenna. Is it an indoor one? Does she have another TV we can try in another location? My thought is either it is not getting enough signal to show the channels or it's the TV not correctly keeping the channels. if it's the TV, there's not much more we can do other than unplug the TV from the power for a minute. Reboot the antenna. And try the channel scan again. It wouldn't be cost effective to replace parts on the TV to improve the channel scan. If it's the antenna, it might just need to be replaced or a bigger one purchased.

Were you able to try those steps?

I'm thinking it's not getting a signal maybe outside antenna is needed

That was my thought too since I hardly ever see a TV with a channel scan issue. Let me know if you have any other questions. If you don't mind, to keep this question locked to me in case you have more questions later about this topic, please rate me in the top right. It doesn't charge you to do so, it just helps me receive credit for helping you and keeps the question locked to me. All you'll need to do is respond back to this page (make sure to bookmark it!) and I'll be able to answer. I usually check messages 7 days a week.