TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have Insignia TV set 42 inch about 2 years. For now, Ican…

Customer Question
Hi. I have Insignia...

Hi. I have Insignia TV set 42 inch about 2 years. For now, Ican not turn on the TV manually and with remote control. What to do to fix it?

Technician's Assistant: Is your Insignia TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

With the power strip and other device is working

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Yes.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing special.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
11/27/2017
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 7 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat with me right now?

So the tv will not turn on? Is the LED on the front panel on or off or blinking?

LED is on.

Since unplugging didn't help- I'm very sorry to say, this is going to be an internal failure that requires complex diagnosis and parts inside the tv be replaced. If you want to DIY, let me know and I may be able to help you with that here (previous electronics experience is required on your part). Otherwise you will need to use local repair shop. In home repairs start at $250 so it would actually be better to replace the tv.

I know this is bad news and very upsetting but please understand I am here to provide an honest answer. I hope you will submit a 5 star rating at the top of this page and not base the rating on the fact that your tv needs parts or services outside of our control. If for some reason you don't feel I should get 5 stars, please do not rate and just let me know and I will follow up with you here.