TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Sharp Aquos LC-70LE733U light blinking one fast one slow. I…

Customer Question
Sharp Aquos LC-70LE733U light...

Sharp Aquos LC-70LE733U light blinking one fast one slow. I have reset the tv but not fixing it

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Aquos?

3-4 years

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Tv does not work unless I go into the “factory mode” by holding input and volume down while plugging in

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I know of

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
11/27/2017
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 7 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat with me right now?

Do you have electronics experience and want to do the repairs yourself?

I can chat now, I have some electronics experience

Appears site sent you a phone call offer. I did not send the offer.
I am not available by phone, but we can continue our chat.....

I am typing your answer now....

I have looked up the error code and it indicates back light failure (lamps inside the screen). You could try resetting the error in the service mode but that is just a temporary "fix". The real fix, replacing the lamps in the screen, is not easy. Tv repair shops won't attempt it due to the high risk of damaging the screen. And the lamps are very difficult to find in stock/purchase.

Let me know if you want more details on what I just posted. I am here to help you.

Otherwise before you go, please do submit a 5 star rating at the top of this page so that I am at least recognized for helping with your question. If you are having issues with the rating try refreshing the page.

In Service mode it shows a lamp error 5. That mean anything to you?

Yes, that means it has detected the back lights failing 5 times. You can reset the lamp error then do a factory reset then exit the service mode (power off tv, unplug for 2 minutes). It's very likely the error will continue and the back lights need replacing.

I guess I’ll search replacing backlights on sharp Aquos and see if there is a video which demonstrates what all that takes.

Yes there are DIY videos out there. Just handle the screen VERY carefully there is glass in there than is easily cracked.

Hello, just checking back to see if you still need help or want to show your appreciation by submitting a 5 star rating.