TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

None of my apps work on my TV and quick connect button shuts…

Customer Question
None of my apps...

None of my apps work on my TV and quick connect button shuts my tv off. My TV is less than 6 months old

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

D40-D1 Vizio bought in June of 2017

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Menu works fine it's just any apps using my wifi

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this?

Since Thanksgiving, nothing else happened before other than a random locking of the screen where I had to unplug the TV to turn it off.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

I use a Roku stic on the HDMI and I have no issues using that

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
11/27/2017
TV Technician: ISP Cable Support, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
ISP Cable Support
ISP Cable Support, Customer Service

Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would be happy to assist today with your question.

Give me just a moment while I review the information provided.

Before we begin, I would like to explain how the site works if this is your first visit here. The page you are viewing offers ads for things like secure desktop connection and a phone call. These are not asked by me and I will explain in our conversation if doing one of those things would help make troubleshooting easier. If you request to do either one, I would be happy to do it with you regardless.

If you are prompted during our conversation to rate me, it is as simple as choosing between 5 stars at the top right corner about my service today. Hopefully, I will earn 5 stars today. It is the only way I receive credit for helping you today.

Some things we work on may not easily be resolved with the given resources (such as needing additional media or hardware issues that require replacement). Please understand I will try my hardest to resolve the issue or answer any questions but some things are out of my control.

Finally, make sure to bookmark this page so you can easily come back to this page. If we are working on this issue and you need to step away, you can always leave me a message on this question. I will respond as soon as I can if I am not online. I check periodically throughout the day if not during my normal business hours.

I just read everything you've shared. Thank you for providing all the details. Give me just a moment to type up some steps that I would like to have you try.

What I would like to try first is to do a much more complicated power reset. We'll try this method first. Make sure you have access to the power cord in these steps.

1. Power off the TV by pressing the Power button on the remote or on the side or back panel of the TV.
  2. Unplug the TV from the power outlet. If you use a power strip, you can switch off the strip's power switch or disconnect the power strip from the power outlet.
  3. Press and hold the Power button on the side or back panel of the TV for 10 to 15 seconds to drain residual power.
  4. Plug the TV back in to the power outlet. If you're using a power strip, switch the strip back on or reconnect the strip to the power outlet.
  5. Power the TV on using the Power button on the remote control or the TV's back or side panel.

Let me know if this works by typing in the chat box. If it does not work, I do have more steps.

I just found this answer on the actual Vizio.com support page

These steps are common steps to perform. The next round of steps would be customized for your TV. Were you able to try this?

I will send this TV back since it is still under warranty and I shouldn't be paying for tech support. Your site is misleading when I thought you were part of Vizio

I'm sorry for the confusion. I will send this over to customer service to refund your money.

Thank You