TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Mintek DTV-260 ,I need the 4 digit code to program…

Customer Question
I have a Mintek...

I have a Mintek DTV-260 ,I need the 4 digit code to program a universal remote.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Mintek DTV-260, I dont know how old it is.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes the menu works

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this?

I just got it and it works good, I dont have a remote is all. thats why i have a universal, but i cant find the code anywhere

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/27/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Please try 1990, that is the specific IR codeset for your particular model tv, and let me know if that works for you.

I already tried 1990 and it did not work
never mind

Thank you for trying,

unfortunately that is the only code for this model, so if it is not working, then the remote that you have is simply not compatible with this tv. This is very common with the lower quality "off brand" sets like mintek.

Your best option may be to purchase a more robust, true universal remote to control all of your devices, such as a logitech harmony (click here for example) that will work for all of your devices. It is programmed through an easy to use software program on your computer, which downloads the most up to date remote and device codes from the internet, so it is virtually guaranteed to work with all equipment. It will also give you easy to use macro functionality, so you can press a single button to watch a movie for example, and it will turn on the dvd player, tv, and surround system, tune to the correct inputs on the tv, and start the movie playing, etc. Because of the online database with specific codes for each model, this type of remote has much greater functionality than the basic universal remotes.

Given the age of the tv though, which is far past its service life, it may actually make more sense to replace the tv entirely rather than invest in a remote, as the tv is at the age where it would be expected to fail at any time now and ultimately need replacement soon anyway.

My apologies for the news,