TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My Samsung Smart TV stopped working and I'm trying to find a…

Customer Question
Hello, my Samsung Smart...

Hello, my Samsung Smart TV stopped working and I'm trying to find a fix. its having the same problem I'm reading many people with the same tv are having. It will not power on and the red standby light blinks.

Technician's Assistant: Is your Samsung TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

Not now

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Yes Ive done the reset Ive gone through all the normal troubleshooting. I'm reading with this issue its in the power board

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that this seems to be a very common problem with this TV and on several forums people are saying that they were sent a part to fix the problem? I just want to find out what I need to replace or repair so I don't have to buy a new TV

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
I’ve read about the problem with my tv and realize that it’s most likely a internal problem. Will a new power board correct the problem in your opinion? I just need to know what to buy to fix it. There are no repair techs in my area as I’m in a rural area but feel comfortable replacing the power board if that’s the problem
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/27/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Installer
Can you give me the complete model number from the back of the tv?
The Serial number is *****
We took the power board off and there is no damage behind it and all compactors look fine and we tested the fuse and it’s fine

Can you please give me the actual model number of the tv rather than the serial?

UN60H6203AF

Thank you for the information,

Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, meaning a faulty power supply or main/control board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).

This could also be the result of age related wear and tear; as a 2013 model tv, that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising. This tv is right at the end of its designed service life at this point.

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:
1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet

2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)

3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.

This is something that would require repairs to correct; if you're thinking about a do it yourself repair, you'll need to be comfortable and skilled with electronics repairs, which could include dismantling the set (removing the back panel of the tv), diagnostics testing with a multimeter, changing out boards as needed, and possibly desoldering/removing and soldering/replacing individual components. The main board is more likely here though than the power board, and capacitor issues are not at all likely, those issues were largely resolved after 2010.

If you’re considering repair at a local shop, you’ll find a typical repair to be around $300 for diagnostics, parts, and labor.

In either case, keep in mind that any repair at this point is likely to be short lived, as other parts will continue to fail and need more and more repairs, and some of the parts are not even available any longer in the first place.

For a tv of this size/age however, replacement will usually make more sense. You can get a brand new 4k LED tv with a fresh warranty in the $700 range.

I can help you with finding parts, finding a repair shop, or recommending replacement options, if desired.

My apologies for the news,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.