TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

New vizio connected get no picture, have direct tv get no…

Customer Question
New vizio connected get...

New vizio connected get no picture, have direct tv get no sat.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

Hdmi plugged to tv

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
11/27/2017
TV Technician: hongkongpom, Cable TV Installer replied 6 months ago
hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Cable TV Installer

Hello there with the Satellite box connected to the TV's HDMI port you just need to select that particular HDMI port using the TV's remote control. Look for a button saying "Source" or "Input".

If you have done then and you now turn on the sat box and change it to a channel of your choice, what do you see on the TV screen please? Do you see an error message or a black/blue screen? Do you hear anything through the TV's speakers?

Because you haven't listed your TV's model I can't look up the manual for you.

input shows satellite, error msg no signal-satellite. no sound, model D50f.
i'm going to sign off, will get with vizio people in morning. do not want the service any more.
Hello the problem sounds like it's the Satellite box or signal being received rather tgan a problem with your Visio TV. Please make sure that the cacle from the dish is tightly installed. Then turn off and unplug the Satellite box from the electricity & wait for 60 seconds. Then plug tge box back in & it will do a channel search. After that you should have a picture.
Thanks

Hello please rate my service with at least 3 stars to that I can be paid for my time thank you