TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Mate having trouble tuning plasma tv model no ps 42d5s.

Customer Question
Hi mate having trouble tuning...
Hi mate having trouble tuning plasma tv model no ps 42d5s
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Samsung
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Menu works
JA: How long has this been an issue with your Samsung? What happened right before this?
Customer: Not sure mate just brought it yesterday
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank u just tune pls
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: TV
11/27/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 1 month ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Are you saying it is unable to pick up channels via an aerial?

Thank you for confirming,

unfortunately this is not going to work, simply due to the age of the tv.

This is a 2005 model plasma, which is well over double its service life at this point and has only an analog ntsc tuner. It lacks a digital atsc tuner, so it is not able to pick up the current digital broadcasts.

Other than replacing the tv, your next best option would be to hook up an external tuner instead. You can pick one up for $50 or less at dick smith, harvey norman, etc. Example: https://www.jbhifi.com.au/tv-home-entertainment/players-recorders/teac/teac-hdb850-hd-set-top-box/87484/

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

Nathan, Installer