TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Could you please help me. I have a 36" Viera Panasonic TV…

Customer Question
Hi. Could you please...

Hi. Could you please help me. I have a 36" Viera Panasonic TV and I'm trying to connect a Wii U game for my son and I'm having problem.

Technician's Assistant: When did your game system stop powering on?

The game was connected to my Samsung TV but now I move it to my Panasonic TV because is bigger and it's not working. It happened today.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried resetting the AC adapter (unplugging it from the outlet and the console and waiting 2 minutes)?

OK, let me try.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Game Expert to know before I connect you?

We did and it's not working. We are using the Input HDMI2. Is that input OK?'

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
11/26/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What's the model number off of the back of your TV please?

TBM28X13501

Sorry, that's not correct. It would be something like: TC-P42OUI or similar. Can you check that again please?

TC-L37X1

Thank you, ***** ***** me a minute.

Please shut the TV off, and then try plugging the WII U into the HDMI 2 port on the TV. Turn the TV back on and then use the "TV/Video" button on the Panasonic remote to select HDMI 2. Let me know what happens please.

Are you still with me here?

I don't see
the TV/Video buttom on the Panasonic remote

Try the INPUT button.

I tried already TV, Video 1 and Video 2 and it doesn't work

Okay, those are not the correct Inputs. You should be able to select HDMI 2- do you not see HDMI 2 as a choice? How about HDMI 3, or "GAME"??

Simply let me know if there are any choices besides what you mentioned.

I tried all the Inputs under Input select: TV, Component, HDMI 1, HDMI 2, HDMI3, Video 1, Video 2 and PC

If you plugged into HDMI 2- then you would select HDMI 2. When you select HDMI 2- what exactly do you see on your screen?

Also make sure the Game console is turned on.

nothing, it is black

Okay then something is wrong, either the HDMI cable is bad, or the Game console needs to be rebooted, etc. Is the console turned ON? Do you have another HDMI cable you can try?

The console is on and the cable is good because I just tried on my samsung TV and it works. I'm just trying to move the wii u to the Samsung TV that is bigger

Okay. Well those steps are correct, so it would point to a fault in the Panasonic then. Try this- shut the TV off and shut the console off. Unplug the console power cord and then MOVE the HDMI cable to HDMI 3 on the SIDE of the TV. Plug the console power cord back in and turn the TV on. Use INPUT to select HDMI 3. Let me know what happens.

Try this- shut the TV off and shut the console off. Unplug the console power cord and then MOVE the HDMI cable to HDMI 3 on the SIDE of the TV. Plug the console power cord back in and turn the TV on. Use INPUT to select HDMI 3. Let me know what happens.

I got disconnected. We already tried that and it's still not working

Then there's something wrong with the Panasonic TV's HDMI board unfortunately. Those steps are correct, and the TV is simply not recognizing the device I'm afraid.

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.
Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?

Why I was charged 3 times on my credit card and I was never helped

I'm not privy in any way with billing- you would use the site help pages for that. I also must differ on the "never helped" as I've spent the last 40 minutes working with you of my own time unpaid.