TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Why is the optical port on my smsrt tv covered. Brand is…

Customer Question
Why is the optical...

Why is the optical port on my smsrt tv covered

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Brand is vizio smart 32" i have had it for 2 yrs and want to hook up a vizio sound bar

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

All tv functions are fine

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this?

I hav purchased a vizio sound bar and would like to connect with optical cable

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Sound bar does not have a hdmi slot

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/26/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 8 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The optical port is covered to prevent dust from entering it. If it's a flat cover you simply push the optical cable into the slot and the cover flips out of the way on its own. If you're referring to a "plug" that sticks out of the optical port- then simply pull it out.

If you're still stuck then please reply back with the model number off the back of your TV.

Please view my reply and send one back to proceed.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?