TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Heard a loud pop. Tv shut off and won't turn back on. Red…

Customer Question
Heard a loud pop...

Heard a loud pop. Tv shut off and won't turn back on. Red light on lower right corner of tv blinking twice then paused then repeats.

Technician's Assistant: Are all the cables at the back of your TV connected tightly to the right sockets?

As far as I know. Has been working since March

Technician's Assistant: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?

I think HDMI. I'm 66 years old and don't know much about this.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Only getting network tv. Have an Ematic hooked up.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/26/2017
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 8 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat with me right now?

Are you able to get the model number off the back of the tv?

Is there anyway we can talk on the phone?

I am not available by phone, but we can continue our chat.....

Can't read model number even with magnifying glass. It is a 58 in. Tv that has been dicontinued. About a year old.
Is someone available that can talk on the phone?

Sorry I can't talk by phone and we need more clarification on the tv.

-What brand?

-is it LED or LCD or Plasma or?

-What is the purchase date and was it NEW or refurbished?

Samsung. LED
It was new. Don't know purchase date

It's in your best interest to know the purchase date of your tv because that determines if the tv is under warranty.

I realize that. I could probably find out from where I bought it. Thought I could find out something today. Obviously wrong. The tv didn't shut off immediately. Stayed on for about 5 minutes.
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Do you need more help with this? I can help you here, or by phone, if you prefer, just let me know.