TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Good and you. It's new 4k insignia and I can't pair my

Customer Question
Good and you Technician's...

Good and you

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

It's new 4k insignia and I can't pair my wireless bluetooth headphone

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
11/26/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Can you tell me the model of both the tv and the headphones please?

Ns 50dr620na18

What headphones are you using?

Optimus bluetooth headset
Infidelity

Thank you,

The headphones are not going to work with this tv, at least not directly.

The bluetooth function on this tv is intended primarily as an input for streaming music from a phone/tablet, not as an output. Even in cases where it may work as an output it would be compatible with only a few specific insignia model sound bars.

The way around this is to use the Digital Audio Out port on the back of the tv. This is a square type port with a little flap/door over it and a red light inside. You connect a fiber optical cable to it, and that fiber optic cable will feed into a bluetooth transmitter: http://amzn.to/1TOPJBU which can then pair up with the headphones.

The added advantage of this is that you can then use the headphones and the tvs own built in speakers simultaneously if you wish.

Best regards,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.