TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I am trying to set up my TiVo Humax DRT800 series 2 dvd

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to set up my TiVo Humax DRT800 series 2 dvd recorder to change channels on my new Xfinity XG2v2 (Pace PX022ANM) cable box. It will require the use of the IR blaster cable. I think I have identified the location of the IR sensor in the front of the Pace X1 cable box (center bottom margin?) but have had no success in getting the codes to work (Pace, Comcast/Xfinity). Until I get this solved, my TiVo programming to record TV shows will not work when programmed channel changing is required. Can you assist me with this? Unfortunately, there is no option to use a DVR to cable box direct cable connection. Please advise.

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages when you try to connect to Xfinity?

None

Technician's Assistant: How is your internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?

Connection is fine. It has to do with getting IR signal with correct code from DVR to Cable box. Both machines are wired to internet.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Only that this seems to be a common problem for users like me with TiVo DVRs using IR blaster with Xfinity X1 boxes.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
11/27/2017
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Is it the Humax remote that you are trying to set up?

What is the model number of the remote?

I haven't heard back from you yet - please reply and let me know if you still need assistance with this.