TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I've got a Toshiba 32DL TV and it keeps turning itself on…

Customer Question
I've got a Toshiba...

I've got a Toshiba 32DL B TV and it keeps turning itself on but originally turned on and off on its own and keeps changing the volume. I had a TV guy look at it and he's said there is nothing wrong with it and I don't know what to do next

Technician's Assistant: Are all the cables at the back of your 32DL connected tightly to the right sockets?

Yes as I've only got the aerial socket

Technician's Assistant: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?

Only the aerial as I've always done from the day I bought it

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

How do I stop the turning off/on problem and sound problem - that's all!

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
11/26/2017
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 7 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Thank you!

As a workaround you need to DISCONNECT the function board inside the set,its a matter of pulling one lead out of the board, the buttons on the set will not then be working however they are seldom used anyhow,you just keep using the remote, can you do this?the board is just behind the buttons on the set itself,back of the set will need to come off

Both Toshiba and our TV repair guy said I didn't have to do this, particularly as the TV is wall mouned

Well you can either take your tv repair guys advice or mine?take it from me the set WILL need to come down the back of the set WILL need to come off if you are EVER going to get the TV working again, its your call, the problem you have is BAD BUTTONS on the set itself namely the volume\on off\menu they oxidize and behave as though they are being pressed........let me know what you want to do there is no miracle cure

Just to add a technician is meant to do this but either your tv engineer does not know what is wrong or does not want to do this as these small sets are now very cheap to replace

You can replace the set new for £150 or less, however this is such an easy workaround and cost nothing that I think it a good idea