TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My lg 60pn5000 powers on, see ataic then shuts off. i hear…

Customer Question
My lg 60pn5000 powers...

My lg 60pn5000 powers on, see ataic then shuts off. i hear the relay click when it powers on and off

Technician's Assistant: How old is your 60PN5000?

Not sure bought used

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Cant check not on long enough

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your 60PN5000? What happened right before this?

Happened right after we moved to our new place

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
11/26/2017
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 4 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

There is a short circuit ,a common issue is short circuit boards on plasma sets so unfortunately samsung do not provide any help in the way of blink codes so the problem would need to be troubleshot with a volt-ohm meter,,,,then a decision made on what board is bad,it ordered and replaced in the set,cost of board could be anywhere between $80_$120

could the short be on any board or is the specific boards that could be the cause?
also where should i take my readings and what values should i be looking for?

Usually its one of the scan boards but as I say its just guessing then, you need to set the meter to DC volts first, look on the power-board for the VS or VA or VSUS and measure the voltage as you switch the set ON red lead to test point black lead to metal chassis, we move on once we know what is happening there

Which board is the vs, va or vsus on?
I am getting 55v to va
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician