TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I own a 2 Year old UN85HU850F Samsung T.V and the sound

Customer Question
I own a 2...

I own a 2 Year old UN85HU850F Samsung T.V and the sound intermittently does not come on.

Technician's Assistant: Is your Samsung TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

It is simply connected to an outlet and the electical outlet is protected by an arc fault proctection, but it is not an surge proctector.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

The sound does not turn on when I turn it on, then I turn it again and the sound icon starts flashing it will then work.

Technician's Assistant: Happy to help. Want a weekly JustAnswer email to help with other issues? If so, what's your email address? And if you'd still like to talk to the TV Expert, I'll connect you shortly.

Tv expert

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/26/2017
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 8 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

How are you viewing TV services please?satellite\cable box\cable straight no box\antenna?

Anthony

With a satelite dish.It seems to be an internal computer problem. If this problem continues what would the next course of action be? Would a technicion come to my home, or would I have to send my T.V to the manufacturer? It is very large and I live rurally.
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 8 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

of course I do.

For a repair, a technician would come out to your house (not sending in a TV)

What is your zip code?

I live quite rurally. It is K0G 1A0. Can you please tell me though what you think the problem is and if other similar models are having issues with their sounds? It started almost right away which is unfortunat because it is a 10,000.00 television.
I live in Canada by the way.

Here is the closest service center:

S & S ELECTRONICS (1643948) CARLETON PLACE

Address***** K7C 3J8

Phone Number(###) ###-####/p>

They deal with those exact models? And I would also like to know whether or not this could be a really big or small issue? In your opinion?

Yes, they deal with all Samsung TVs.

It should be a smaller issue compared to a larger one but the on-site technician can let you know right away what needs to be repaired.

would it be an internal compter problem? Like where do sound issues come from?

Yes, internally.

Have you dealt with such a issue previously? Where sound does not always come on when you turn the tv on?

Yes, and it needed to be repaired by a technician.

Can you tell me the approx cost in your opinion?

No, it will need to be looked at by a technician or if you call the number above, they can give you the estimate.

ok, what would you charge?

Anywhere from $100-$300 depending on the exact issue